I am a Nigeria, which country can I enter and work for 90 days without visa problem? Or country which can issue visa at port of entry.


1 Answers

Matthew Porter Profile
Matthew Porter answered
Nigeria is a member of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), which was founded in May 1975. Protocol of ECOWAS membership means that citizens of a member state have the following entitlements in any other member state:

  • Free entry for 90 days
All nationals of member countries qualify as long as they have valid travel documents issued by their own country. They must enter the country through an approved port of entry.

  • Right of residence
The same qualifications as above, but you must also obtain a Residence Card that is valid for 5 years. Obtaining this documentation is usually dependent on the validity of your passport.

  •   Right of establishment of business
This is a right that is open to all citizens of member countries, as long as they meet the residence criteria and register their business appropriately with the Corporate Affairs Commission.

For countries outside of the ECOWAS, the best way to find out the possibilities for traveling from Nigeria for work purposes is to consult the website for the border agency or immigration service for that particular country.

For travel to the United Kingdom, for instance, you can find details about travel requirements on the Home Office website by visiting the following website:www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/?langname=UK%20

This website should be able to explain to you whether you would need a visa or not in order to travel.
The United States operates a Visa Waiver Program (VWP) where citizens of 36 countries are able to enter the country under certain circumstances without needing to apply for a visa. However, Nigeria is not part of this scheme, so Nigerian citizens will need to apply for a visa regardless of the length or purpose of their visit. A question and answer page about the procedure for entering the United States is available by visiting www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/legally_admitted_to_the_u

Answer Question