I am planing to spend vacation this winter season in India. Can any one tell me what are the places I have to visit and also best travel agents?

Ray Dart Profile
Ray Dart answered
Chennai, Mumbai and Bangalore are all barking mad, but an assault on the senses you won't easily forget. Calmer and easier on your head are Goa, Pondicherry and Mangalore. There is history at Delhi, the Red Fort. The Taj Mahal is at Agra,  The palaces at Mysore are also something else. Don't be afraid to travel by bus ("Volvo") or by train, (you'll even find that hiring a car and driver is a reasonable expense). You'll see things that you never imagined. Be a bit careful what you eat and where you eat it. I've always organised my own trips, have never used a travel agent. (but most of my trips have been on business).
I think you need to visit Delhi, Jaipur, Abu, Shimla and Kashmir are best destination to spend winter season in India.
Kerala Mantra Profile
Kerala Mantra , Options in India, answered

India is vast country, so you can have different experiences in India.

Pl find below some of the good options at Indian.

Snow capped Mountains - Shimla, Manali, Delhousie, Srinagar, Sonmarg etc

Beaches - Goa, Varkala, Kovalam etc

Islands - Andaman, Lakshwadeep, Kerala etc

Heritage - Delhi, Agra, Jaipur. Mysore, Hampi. Cochin, Thiruvanathapuram, Kanyakumari, Rameshwarm, Madurai, Kanchipuram, Hampi

Culture & Religion - Haridwar, Rishikesh, Khajurao, Delhi.

Backwater - Kerala (Alleppey, Kumarakom, Kollam etc)

Calm & Quiet, Yoga - Kerala .....so..on

You are being advised to consult a Tour Operator,  who will be able to understand your requirements and can offer better itinerary or you can send a mail to [email protected] specifying date of arrival, place of arrival & departure, no of adults and children, duration of your intended travel, type of hotels / accommodation, budget, things interested to do etc .....so that you can have a customized tour plan and itinerary.

Happy Holidaying !!!!!!

First up all great decision to visit India. India is a historical and traditional country.  India is a vast country and there are many places to visit.  In winter the best destinations are Delhi, Jaipur, Abu, Shimla and Kashmir. Kerala is very beautiful place to visit. The climate at Kerala is always beautiful and the backwater tourism, beaches and the wild sanctuaries make the state very beautiful.

1 Person thanked the writer.
Poster  Boycott
Poster Boycott commented
I like the culture of this country: clothing, veggie food, fragrant oils and spices. Hindu religion is one of the most ancient and contain a lot of wisdom in the Vedas. However, Mother Teresa was so needed in India.

Do you think traveling with a large group or with just a few friends is better? Someone tried to use mobile phone tracker to spy like this http://www.phonespyapps.com/ during traveling? I would like to use an additional surveillance for children. Someone here tried Ayurvedic treatments in India?

Anonymous