What Are The Requirements For A Tourist Visa To Korea From The Philippines?


17 Answers

Rory Copus Profile
Rory Copus answered
The requirements of applying for a tourist visa to Korea from the Philippines are fairly straightforward. Firstly, you'll need to download a Temporary stay (C3) form which you will need to fill out and return to the relevant South Korean authority in the Philippines.
Your application will then be processed for a small fee (usually $30 for a single entry visa), and the visa issuer may require you to submit further supporting documentation.

Applying for a Korean visa in the Philippines
The rules surrounding visiting Korea from the Philippines changed in 1994. If you work for the Department of Defence in the Philippines you will still need to apply for an ROK (Republic of Korea) visa to enter Korea, whereas this was not the case previously.

A general tourist can get a C3 Visa for 90 days and you may be asked to show proof of your return trip (or at least proof that you are leaving Korea). As long as you can prove that you are only visiting for a holiday, to visit family or for business, it is unlikely that you would be turned down for a visa.

Contact details for Korean visa applications in the Philippines
To make an application you will need to visit either the South Korean embassy or consulate, who can be reached by the following means:

South Korea Embassy

122 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig city 1634, Philippines

Phone: +63-2-856-9210

Fax: +63-2-856-9008/ +63-2-856-9019/ +63-2-856-9024

Email: [email protected]/ [email protected]

South Korea Consulate

122 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig city, 1634, Philippines

Phone: (63-2) 856-9210

Fax: (63-2) 856-9024

Email: [email protected]

Calling or emailing in advance is recommended.

Supporting documents required for your visa application
When you attend, you will usually need to bring your passport and your completed C3 form, as well as 2 passport size photos.

Your visa issuer may ask you to supply further documentation relating to your stay, or even documentation of your financial situation such as bank statements.

If you plan to attend in person, it's conventionally suggested that you try and arrive early in the morning to make sure your case is dealt with the same day - due to the volume of applications that are dealt with.

The embassy will contact you know within a couple of weeks of your application to inform you whether or not your request was successful.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I have a boyfriend - he is a American but he works in korea and wants to take me as a visitor. How can I get my visa? I am a Filipino - please advise me how, thank you.
Ruth Suarez Profile
Ruth Suarez answered
I'm a Filipina and want to visit Korea for 6 days only. Do I need to get a visa? If yes,
how? And what are the requirments needed?
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
If I was a former contract worker in South Korea and am currently here in Philippines (I'm a Filipino) and would like to go back to korea as tourist, what are the necessary documents I need to prepare?

I would highly appreciate very much your soonest reply.

Thank you.

Joel T. Gacusan
Aisha Profile
Aisha answered
You will definitely need a visa to enter and work in Korea. First of all you must have a passport that is valid for a minimum of 6 months. You would have to apply for a visa to the Korean Consulate. With the application, you would have to show the proof of your employment in Korea, like your employment contract etc, evidence of funds (If required), along with the visa fee. It takes around 5 days to get a visa. For details see the link below:
Andrew Lee Profile
Andrew Lee answered
Here's where is gets tricky..

You are traveling on a Filipino passport to South Korea - You do not need a visa if staying 30 days or less.

If you are going to North Korea - You do need a Visa.

Once again the key factor is South Korea or North Korea which will determine if you need a visa.
thanked the writer.
Anonymous commented
As a matter of fact, it is so difficult to get a tourist visato SK
1. Employment certificate showing your salary and position
~if you are not employed or perhaps you are a have 50% chance to obtain a tourist visa
2. Bank certificate stating your savings
~.the more money you have in your account, the better.. ^_^
3. Latest ITR (income tax return) application form
5.your passport and a copy
6. Notarized invitation letter -from Korean law office in SK
7. 2x2 picture
good luck
Anonymous commented
Hi i am filipina my bf ask me to get tourist visa going to south korea he said to me he can give all the requirment need from phlippine. I dont have have any saving bank.. I am just asking if its oki if my bf deposit certificate or savings bank use on my tourist visa?
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Along with your passport that has a validity of at least 90 days prior to your departure date from South Korea, you are required to comply with the requirement of applying for a short-term or C-3 visa. This type of visa is given to applicants with the sole purpose of transit, tourism, relative visits, conference and as well as religious ceremony. Most applicants from foreign countries are allowed to stay in South Korea for 3 months with proper visa documents. As long as your purpose of visit is being specified together with your onward/return tickets, there will be no problem in obtaining a South Korean visa.
maribel abendan Profile
maribel abendan answered
Hi Fionna...I'm also a Filipina...and I know we are in the same field..teaching ESL....I've made a research about this and talked to some way to go is to be on a missionary visa..but you have to have a contact with a Korean church here in the is to get yourself a sponsor from there...they will give you two years visa but you have to have some agreements...those agreements depend on you and your sponsor....I'm still trying to find ways share info...hehehe...see you there..good luck!
Aisha Profile
Aisha answered
All the foreigners who want to enter the Republic of Korea need a valid passport and a visa. You can make your visa application at the local Korean embassy or consulate. You would need to submit documents like passport, application form, recent photos and any other supporting documents. There are varying visa fees depending on the period of your stay. For details see the link below:
thanked the writer.
Andrew Lee
Andrew Lee commented
Incorrect - Not all visitors to South Korea (Republic of) needs a visa. A Filipino passport holders does not require a visa unless they are going to North Korea(Dem Rep of).
Anonymous commented
Do you think it will cause a discrepancy when i applied my married name which is not appear to my passport,but i have already do amendment in my passport., i also enclosed my marriage contract as a supporting documents. Do you think it will be fine in that way?

Do i need an itenerary ticket to enclosed in my visa application? Thanks
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
I am a Filipino, green card holder and have visited South Korea 6 times since 2005. Do I still need to apply for a visa to Korea for this May 2009? I am in the U.S.A. Now. Thanks.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
How can I go to Korea?? I'm still a high school student...
Is that possible that I can go to Korea?
thanked the writer.
Anonymous commented
I entered korea 2 years ago in a working visa and now applying as a visitor visa. , may i know the requirements for me to get a korean visa.thanks!
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
How Can I Get A Korean Visa If I'm A Filipino?
I'll probably work there for 6 months as privater tutor.
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Hello good day! I am currently working as engineer here in South Korea and I want to invite my family here. What are the requirements? Regarding the bank account, what savings are needed? Thanks.
Meta Forrest Profile
Meta Forrest answered
Yes, you will need a visa. All countries require anyone who is entering from another country to have one .
Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
My husband is in Korea working in a factory. Instead of coming here to the Philippines for a holiday, he prefers me to visit him in Korea. What necessary documents should I prepare and how much will I need to pay? I'm Aurora Galamgam of Pangasinan.

Answer Question