Visiting London's markets
Markets I'd suggest you put on your 'must visit' list are:
- Borough Market- Considered London's top 'foodie' market
- Camden Market- Actually group of markets located in the 'boho' hub of Camden Town. Great for vintage clothing shops and all things alternative.
- Brick Lane Market- South Asia meets trendy 'East End' fashion in this rather unique market. You'll be able to pick up everything from an authentic curry through to a vintage-chic blouse.
London's night life
- Blues Kitchen, Camden Town: An American-style blues bar in Camden, North London. Boasts a large choice of bourbons and whiskey, as well as live blues musicians and dancing on weekends.
- Proud Cabaret: 1920s-style supper club in the middle of London's financial district
- Bloomsbury Lanes: A 50s-style bowling alley, bar and american diner located in the basement of the Tavistock Hotel.
Shopping and London's West End
- Chinatown for its authentic restaurants
- Oxford Street/Regent street/Carnaby Street for the shopping arcades
- New Bond Street: For designer shops
- Old Compton Street: Which is the center of London's 'gay district' and a great destination for laid back bars and bistros
Relaxing in London's Parks
- Hyde Park
- Regents Park
- Hampstead Heath
- St James' Park