Do I Need A Mexican Passport To Enter The US From Mexico If I'm A Permanent Resident Of US?


1 Answers

Michael Cavanaugh Profile
It's law now that you have to have a passport to cross from Mexico to the US.  I went through there the other day and just had my CA Drivers License, and Birth Certificate and they let me through.  If you don't have either the passport and/or birth c. They will pull you into secondary and ask you questions about your citizenship. Sometimes take up to 45 minutes to 2 hours in secondary.  You won't get arrested, just warned to bring across proper proof of citizenship.  The Law about Passports only now happened June 1, 2009...
Below is what is needed to cross, covers what I have said above plus more details:

Answer Question